Mr. Casey rejoined Foshee & Yaffe in February 2018 and focuses on trial litigation in the areas of civil rights law, state and federal criminal defense, and personal injury/tort law. He also litigates state and federal appeals.
READ MORE ABOUT CASEY
Andrew grew up in the Sand Springs, OK area before graduating from Jenks High and obtaining a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Central Oklahoma and attending graduate school at the University of Oklahoma.
During undergraduate school, Andrew excelled at College Policy Debate qualifying for elimination rounds at the most prestigious debate tournaments in the nation. After graduating, Andrew began his first career in teaching and coaching within the Policy Debate program at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX as well as Heritage Hall in Oklahoma City, OK. Throughout these times, Andrew focused on argumentation, research, writing, and cross-examination skills.
Eventually, Andrew enrolled at the University of Oklahoma College of Law eventually becoming an Editor for the American Indian Law Review, successfully competing at the National NALSA Moot Court Competition, and working at numerous internships ranging from Foshee & Yaffe to the Department of Justice in Washington D.C. to a non-profit legal service representing low-income Native American clients.
After graduating law school, Andrew moved to the Tulsa area and began practicing in courts across Oklahoma. There, Andrew litigated several homicide cases, sex crimes, firearms offenses, drug offenses, vice crime offenses, DUI's, and assault & battery crimes. Additionally, Andrew focused significant attention to developing his appellate practice ranging from murder cases to civil issues in state and federal court. Further, Mr. Casey focused heavily on prosecuting civil rights torts cases ranging to protect ordinary citizens from tort offenses of state, county, and city employees.
Andrew brings a determined focus towards research to the Foshee & Yaffe team and greatly invests his time into investigating the facts of complicated cases.
At home, Andrew is the luckiest husband to a beautiful wife and the happiest father to a handsome young boy. He enjoys time with his family, playing basketball, poker, travelling, and waiting patiently for the next Game of Thrones season.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Tort Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the Chickasaw Nation
- Supreme Court of the Muscogee Creek Nation
University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctor - 2015
- Honors: National NALSA Moot Court Team, 2014 and 2015
- Honors: Top Speaker/Best Oralist, 2014 National NALSA Moot Court Championship
- Honors: Elite Eight, 2015 National NALSA Moot Court Championship
- Honors: Board of Advocates
- Honors: Dean's List: Fall 2013, Spring 2014
- Law Review: American Indian Law Review, Articles Development Editor
University of Central Oklahoma
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2009
- Major: Political Science
University of Oklahoma
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association Mock Trial Committee, Committee Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Leadership Class of 2018
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Rules and Professional Conduct Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Law Day Committee
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., Intern
- Honorable Judge Daman Cantrell in Tulsa County, OK, Intern
- Tulsa County District Attorney's Office, Intern
- Hobbs, Straus, Dean & Walker in Downtown Oklahoma City, Intern
- Foshee & Yaffe, in Oklahoma City, Intern
- Law Office of Gary S. Pitchlynn in Norman, OK, Intern
- Price & Sears, P.C. Claremore, OK, Associate Attorney
- Stinnett Law, Sapulpa, OK, Associate Attorney
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Member, Board of Directors, Show, Inc. in Sapulpa, OK